Thread: Ringo and Paul

Ringo and Paul

http://www.spinner.com/2010/07/08/ri...rtney-birthday

I'm 48 years old and I still got chills watching this video clip of Paul and Ringo. One of these days, I've got to grow up and stop being a Beatlemaniac.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: Ringo and Paul

Awesome! Thanks for posting that. I plan to never outgrow being a Beatles fan. I love that McCartney wore an early-Beatles suit and tie for the occasion.

Is that Joe Walsh on Paul's left (with the Dano-looking guitar) and Mick Jones on his right (with the LP)?
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

It's Joe Walsh to Paul's left. I'm not sure who is on the right. At first glance I thought it may have been Rick Derringer, but thought better of it after watching a little closer.
    POO DAT!!!

Forum Member

Actually, Meso, I think you're right. I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. Looking at more recent phtots of Derringer, I think that's who it is.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

I haven't seen many recent pictures of Rick, but... That's who instantly came to mind when I saw the vid. The article mentioned Edgar Winter doing Frankenstein during the night, and if'n Edgar was there doing that song, Rick probably wasn't too far behind.
    POO DAT!!!

Forum Member

Here's a recent pic of Derringer:

Okay...that's from 1975. Apparently he borrowed Jaclyn Smith's hair for the day.

This is more recent:

Yoko Freaking Ono was there????? What the heck for? Does she have a single fan on planet earth?

Very cool to see Paul and Ringo playing together. Those guys do not look their age.
    s'all goof.

In the younger photo, RD looks like Cher; in the photo from now, he looks like Chas Bono. Gotta love him.

I love it that Joe plays with Ringo. But I'd like to see Joe do some solo gigs again.

But yeah, watching Paul and Ringo doing "Birthday" gives me a thrill. I'm not much a fan of Yoko. I appreciate her for her peace-aims back in the day, but as much as I do love avant garde art, her stuff was, IMHO, a pile of poo, hers and John's methods of protest silly.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Mesotech View Post
    It's Joe Walsh to Paul's left. I'm not sure who is on the right. At first glance I thought it may have been Rick Derringer, but thought better of it after watching a little closer.
    I think you mean Paul's right..........
    Derringer is on Paul's left.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Quote Originally Posted by refin View Post
    I think you mean Paul's right..........
    Derringer is on Paul's left.
    ...and the Dano looking guitar sure looks like a Tele to me.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim