Thread: USA CG '54 neck profile opinions please

USA CG '54 neck profile opinions please

Anyone got/tried one of these. I am thinking of one for my strat and love the fat 50's neck on my LP which is similar thickness but different shape. Thanks.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained as stupidity"

bump!

anyone?
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained as stupidity"

TFF Stage Crew
    No, I haven't seen or played one. But I have other USACG necks & I can tell you that whatever it is, it's gotta be good. You just need to decide if it's your flava:lol2
    Really though- find the shape you want & Tommy will make it for you. Measure your LP w/dial calipers at the 1st & 12th frets & tell him you want a Strat-style (US-2) w/those dimensions. You'll get it.
    Last edited by Cogs; 08-30-2003 at 01:22 AM.

I told Tommy that I wanted a US-1, soft "v", .900 to .970 with rolled edges.

I haven't received it yet, but he was very accomodating. I should have it in about 2 weeks.

I have a Strat that Michael Stevens put a neck on with specs. very similar to USACG's '54 (soft "v" at 1st fret to fat "c" at 12th, .875-.920) and it's wonderful, I wanted this new neck to be a little beefier.

I ordered a lightweight swamp ash Tele body from USACG. I received it a week and a half ago.
    It's beautiful, weighs less than 4 lbs (less than 6 with hardware and my other Tele's neck) and rings like a bell when you tap on it!

Like 710818 said, measure your LP's neck and talk to Tommy. Measure the width at the nut as well.