Thread: New Tele Pickups

Forum Member

New Tele Pickups

I own a Custom shop Tele (Relic) the body is ash and the neck is maple . I also have titanium saddles on it. I don`t like the fender pickups in it . Not enough twang for me.
    Now I can get a good deal on some Seymour Duncan pickups. So my question is anybody using the Antiquity Tele Pickups?
    Last edited by KDR; 12-29-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Re: New Tele Pickups

one of the guitar players i play with has one in his 62 ri, it sounds very nice. he does have brass saddles and a rosewood neck, so i don't know how it would compare in a maple neck guitfiddle. but i like the sound of it, it's not super twang, more of a jimmy page tone. but like i said, it's in a different guitar.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

I have one in the neck of my 62ri I like it a lot...

If you want maximum twang, conventional wisdom suggests that you should use brass saddles. I have a SD Broadcaster p/up in a custom built guitar. It does sound like a Tele and it has "twang" but it's a mahogany body so I can't tell you how it would sound in an ash body. My personal pet theory is that to get real '50s twang you need to get pickups with Alnico 3 magnets.

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.