Thread: Fargen Dual Classic...

Forum Member

Fargen Dual Classic...

I just bought a Fargen Dual Classic... this amp is SOOOO sweet I had to tell someone. It's the first Dual Classic 1X12 Ben's ever built.

Now I've been an amp Nazi for as long as I remember and in all that time have been looking for that "one" amp that will cover all the bases (a.k.a. Fender/VOX/Marshall), and finally realized, "no such animal, never was, never will be, what a waste of time it’s been looking!" That was epiphany #1.

Epiphany #2 I need three or four amps that’ll do one trick extremely well... then I’ll have ALL the tones I was looking for; there was no other way to do Fender/VOX/Marshall...

Epiphany #3 Fender really has two sounds, Tweed and BlackFace and that meant an Allen and a Clark............ I chose Fargen

Though only one channel this amp has two separate preamps that work independent of each other, one voiced Tweed, the other BlackFace... oh yeah, and a stellar master reverb for both channels.

Switching is accomplished via an A/B/y switch, which means with a stereo cable you can play both sides simultaneously, or two differently voiced guitars at once... SWEET!

And the tone
    OH MY GOD!
    Excruciating,

Now this is like my 35th or 36th amp, and I don’t mean 35 or 36 Peaveys either. Ok I've had a few of Peavey’s but that was a long while ago and not the point. This amp replaced a Top Hat (that I loved) and a Bogner (that I liked). Which replaced so many other big (and small) boutique boxes I frankly don’t know how I have any money left in the bank at all...

The truth is I was obsessed. I needed that perfect amp. The Z’s, the Budda’s, the Guytron, the Egnator, the Tone King's, the Carlson, the Bogner’s, all I had hoped would quench my hunger for that perfect tone; none ever did. Almost from day one they ALL left me wanting another amp, (though that took a month with my Top Hat).

Nothing I bought ever sated that tone hunt the way this Fargen did. 10 minutes in and I was like, "finally, I found MY amp," this is the telos of Fender tone. The Blackface is PERFECT, the Tweed is BETTER than perfect. The sounds it puts out are biblical, I mean it’s painful, even depressing to turn it off and stop playing. You will play until your fingers bleed, until it feels like a drug, until the sun begins to crest the hills and the morning catches you before you’ve had a chance to sleep the night before.

Remember you were warned.

Oh and Ben Fargen... he would book a flight by helicopter while suffering with diarrhea, wearing a colostomy bag, and bleeding internally to change a tube for a customer.

I choose the config, the color, the piping, the grill cloth, the screws, the corners, the voicing, and Ben smiled, gave advice and built me my ideal amp... with a LIFETIME warranty.

In then process he emailed pics of the chassis, left sound clips on my answering machine, returned emails, returned phone calls, and acted like an 'everyman' everytime he called. Unbelievable!

If there is an up and comer, a next Ken Fisher or Doc Z it's gotta be Ben. Working with him is like ordering a Stradivarius and having the builder call you up and say, "hey dude how do you want that fiddle"

You guys gotta check out this amp
    Sorry to gush, I don't do it often..........or ever for that matter, but damn

Forum Member
    Uhm, dont leave us hanging. Wheres the pics?