Thread: Finally.......'52 Tele

NoNeck60

Finally.......'52 Tele

Well, it's been a few months in the making, but I finally got my Hybrid '52 AVRI Tele put together. The guitar was built from the following.
    1. 2003 AVRI '52 Tele body
    2. Fender vintage tuners
    3. Fender vintage 3-saddle bridge
    4. 1 matched pair of ToneRider Vintage Classic Tele pickups
    5. RS vintage Tele pre-wired pot/cap/switch kit
    6. Fender parts - black'guard, ashtray, control plate, neck plate and Brown Tolex vintage case
    7. USA Custom Guitars 1-piece maple "Fat Neck" neck, with a 9.5" radius and 6105 frets.
    The guitar feels, plays and sounds fantastic. The TR p'ups are so smooth and warm, giving a true vintage sound. My main reason for this build, was to have a fat neck, with my radius and fret preference, without spending in the $2.5-$3k range. Other than the used body ( in mint shape) every part on this guitar is new. I now have the perfect Tele( for me) at a price right near $1k.
    This was an especially great week for me, as I also received my brand new ( factory ordered) Gibson Historic '57 Goldtop. That was ordered back in June. So, I guess you could say I had a good guitar week.

Pictured below is my '09 Surf Green NoNeck Strat, '09 '57 Goldtop Historic, '03 Hybrid Tele and '04 Martin D-28. The amps in the background are a '93 (USA made) tweed Bronco, a 2006 40th Anniv. '65 Blonde BFTR and a '96 ( USA made) Blonde Blues Deluxe. My apologies to those who have already seen this pic on the "other" forum...lol
    Last edited by NoNeck60; 11-03-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Re: Finally.......'52 Tele

You should go out and buy a lotto ticket today.... cuz you really hit the Jackpot!

Great work! Very Nice Collection!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Ewww!! Grovers!!!

Just messin' with you. Nice herd!

NoNeck60

Thanks Stone.......I love the neck on that Tele.....and I'm a bit shocked over the pickups.....they sound amazing...and considering their price, under 100 bucks for the pair. I really believe the RS wiring kit has a lot to do with it...no tone loss when you roll the volume down. I have installed RS kits on my Historic Les Pauls as well and have had the same results....hence the reason for doing the RS kit from the start.
    We still have to get together for a jam one of these days....
    peace
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NoNeck60 View Post
    Thanks Stone.......I love the neck on that Tele.....and I'm a bit shocked over the pickups.....they sound amazing...and considering their price, under 100 bucks for the pair. I really believe the RS wiring kit has a lot to do with it...no tone loss when you roll the volume down. I have installed RS kits on my Historic Les Pauls as well and have had the same results....hence the reason for doing the RS kit from the start.
    We still have to get together for a jam one of these days....
    peace
    Dave
    I've been wanting to put an RS kit in my Les Paul for a while, Haven't gotten around to it, maybe this Christmas. One of these days a jam will have to happen! Seriously though ya did a bang up job on that tele

Here's mine

That goldtop is a real beauty too Dave, I've been wanting one for a while... with grovers like yours!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

NoNeck60

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefreefuzz1 View Post
    I've been wanting to put an RS kit in my Les Paul for a while, Haven't gotten around to it, maybe this Christmas. One of these days a jam will have to happen! Seriously though ya did a bang up job on that tele

Here's mine

That goldtop is a real beauty too Dave, I've been wanting one for a while... with grovers like yours!
    Ahhh the simple beauty of a blackguard Tele....as for a Goldtop, let me know when you're ready...I have a dealer that will blow you away selection and price wise!!!! I'm already GASing for a 360-12, a Fatneck ES-335 or a Fender CS electric 12....sheesh..I'm never satisfied..but I could spending my hard earned cash on something much worse too, I guess..