Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's official-i've sold my soul!

Re: It's official-i've sold my soul!

Musicians should NEVER complain about what they have to do for a living.We whine about playing certain styles or with crummy bands (we meaning me too) ,but we have it too good.I agree that we should shun environments that violate our personal convictions of vulgarity and taste,but...
    At the end of the day,it's all green.........do what you want artistically away from the moneymaker,but be thankful that you can play your instrument for a living.REMEMBER how humble you felt the first time you got $ for playing a gig (for me,it was 14 years old). I thought that they might come back later and want it back.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

I don't play in any bands at all. Just for my own amusement. Years ago I would learn a tune note for note in an effort to sound as much like the original as possible, but now I've found that sometimes I'm happy to be "in the ball park". Sometimes I'll learn a tune note for note, and secure in that knowledge I'll improvise around the original. I find that I'm learning more by doing that than just leaning the tune by rote.
    I guess that's the advantage of not playing for money.

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

fellas, this pony was dead before thanksgiving! somewhere on here there's another thread about the megalomaniacal singer jacking us on our share of the loot...we did however steal her keyboard/guitar player
    Röckin' nön-stöp ön my Föckin' Glöckinspiel...
    Bonefish on Myspace
    bonefish on facebook