Thread: The Sunday Morning Coffee thread

Forum Member

The Sunday Morning Coffee thread

Beautiful day here in SW CT as I down a second cup of coffee. Had some great barbecue last night, listened to vintage BB King recordings and had a few drinks. Today, I think I'm going to have to replace my daughter's lost cell phone and I'm hoping that I'll be able to enjoy my last week of freedom before starting my new job.
    Wishing you all a good day today, a good Labor day tomorrow and a good week.
    "I got murder in my heart for the judge."

Re: The Sunday Morning Coffee thread

Good morning all. Lots of reading to do today. Maybe a bit of guitplank playing as well. I wish you all a great day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Up early with the kiddos, then later off to play a high-$$ wedding. They hired us to do two sets of Jazz pre-dinner then two sets of our normal material after. Aside from playing in a suit (which I'm never a fan of), it's gonna be a good day.

Happy Sunday to everyone.

Morning all... Sunday before the Monday Sunday Just finished putting Ubuntu on my laptop - amazing Linux install. Everything works! Going to do a sort and stash mission in the home office and music room and then get outdoors for the usual. Excited about Fall coming on... albeit minor changes in SF cooler temperatures will gradually arrive. Let's have some fun today!

This morning brings coffee, jazz, and the constant conversation with an 18-month-old who doesn't stop talking even though she does not have words yet. She's 'reading' Hiccupopotamus to me now.

Enjoyed a few 12yo Speyside Single malts last night. Woke up a little slower than normal...just a little.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Beautiful weather today, going riding with some friends on my Sporty.

Last weekend we went to Saugerties and Woodstock N.Y. Today probably ride to Hunter Mountain. Good times !

Just getting ready to have a cup of coffee after reading what players my team cut last night to get down to the 53 man roster.

mark, good deal. I too, am on my last week of freedom before starting a new job. Getting up in the morning. Wearing socks. It will be a change!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

yet another spectacular day in the granite state, as it has been all week. Guess summer is trying to go down swinging so we will not think it was all rain and a dozen days of steamy crap when we look back.

trying to decide what I want to do before I take off for the big annual jam/party. I've been to the flea market for something like 5 or 6 weeks in a row. Came this close >< to buying a gas powered leaf blower, only 40 bucks, last week. I highly doubt it will still be there. I'd kind of like to get a walk in, and I do need to pick up some of my cat's prescription diet food.

If I didn't have to be home to take care of her insulin shot, I'd probably make a day of it and camp overnight. Only this one and one more party next year, then somebody else has to step up to the plate and host it.

Y'all have a great Labor Day weekend. NFL season starts next week, woo hoo

Mornin,everybody...............
    first cup going down,listening to mellow stuff before church.Yardwork and relaxing today,maybe clean the mancastle and record a little later.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Somewhere between mile marker #24 and mile marker #856

first holiday off in a while!

A Little Late but Had The Coffee, did some yard work, now I'm at work till 5 then back home to enjoy the rest of the evening (The girl friend is in Atlanta at the dragon-con festival, she got to meet William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, Sweet deal!)
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    mark, good deal. I too, am on my last week of freedom before starting a new job. Getting up in the morning. Wearing socks. It will be a change!
    Woot Woot! - great news Chuck!

Boats or rockets?
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Rockets. Boats are more fun. You never see an astronaut with bikini gals on the shuttle.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Hope it works out well for you amigo. I still need to get a fishing trip in at some point or another. Once Ann is off disability and back to work we'll see...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

good late afternoon!

nice ride Totally_bored.

I got out for a 5 hour 250km tour on my dualsport today...here's some shots...my riding parter got into the single malt last night and left me high and dry, so I just went explorin'. Perfect, mild, not hot, low humidity, few clouds and little traffic where I was!!!

Spending the weekend waiting for a letter of offer from a new job. It's pretty much in the bag, just need to see it in writing.

Nice to see everyone enjoying themselves and starting new jobs, etc..
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Forum Member

OA, glad to hear your news about the job. Seems like I'm in good company. Good luck.
    "I got murder in my heart for the judge."

Well, I've been off more or less since last week. I have to start thinking about getting back in the work groove next week... but not until Thursday!