Thread: Favorite A/B A + B box & Bypass

Favorite A/B A + B box & Bypass

Or maybe I'm asking about the ultimate pedal board setup, with special emphasis on the A/B amp switching as well as true bypass integrated into the chain.

Mainly I will play with only a Route 66 O/D, Fuzz, and a cry baby wah. I did a mod on the crybaby, but not sure what it did.. just some resistor changes. It sounds good.

What is your favorite switching box? Are they all created equal or does any one rise above the pack.

Thanks.

Re: Favorite A/B A + B box & Bypass

so you need an A/B amp selector AND an effects loops prior? what exactly are you trying to achieve. just asking because there are a many different loop pedals that can be had.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

yeah, Chuck...an amp selector and the bypass would be the deal... and I saw someone post here about the "loop master" boxes which seem to have it all going on... you can get one for just about anything or combination of things. After seeing their website, I have to go back and see what it is I really need. It looks like lots of pros are raving about these boxes.

Ideally, I'd like to have my ultimate "clean" and "dirty" channels to play through with true bypass for all effects in the chain(3).

http://www.loop-master.com/index.php

Sounds simple but it's kinda complicated.

Steve

Forum Member

What about a Carl Martin Octaswitch?

I've never tried one, but I've always thought it looked like a slick gadget. It's just a series of eight true-bypass loops and eight foot switches. You use little dipswitches above each foot switch to chose which loops are activated when you press that switch. Seems like you could put six effects on their own true-bypass loops, then run the send of each of the last two loops to one of your two amps' inputs. Then you could set the footswitches to select any combination of effects and send them to either amp.

I can build a loop controller with an A/B/Y built in. It's just a matter of how much real estate you have to work with.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

i make my own bypass boxes, it's kind of fun. i've never used any commercially made ones, so i can't comment on them.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

My $40 (used) Loopman works great. I use a 15 watt tweedy clone head and a 40 watt BF cleanish clone head.