Thread: Need Help Trouble Shooting a Champ 12

Forum Member

Need Help Trouble Shooting a Champ 12

I have a red knob champ 12, and it is stuck on the overdrive channel. I usually lean the amp on the wall or some other object when playing. The other day when I was packing up my gear, the amp slid and fell. The tubes are fine and everything seemed ok.

Now the amp is stuck on the overdrive channel and will not switch over. I checked all the simplest things starting with the footswitch. The connections inside the switch look fine. I followed the wires from the footswitch to the chassis, and the connections to the PCB board all looked fine too. I did not see any other components that looked loose on the board. However, it is hard to see all the components because a lot of the pots and resistors are hidden under the board. All the tubes light up, and it sounds just as loud as it normally does.

Is there something I am missing to check? Any ideas? Any one else have a champ get "stuck" like this?

Forum Member

Re: Need Help Trouble Shooting a Champ 12

I will take a guess that when the amp fell the foot switch was plugged in and the plug took a wack, and now jack broken and or the circiut board around it has a cracked trace.