Thread: R27 value in VS Route 66?

R27 value in VS Route 66?

i was wondering if anyone knew what resistor value it is, a link to a color picture, or has one they'd open up to check for me. i have a pedal i'm fixing and that resistor is roasted! totally burned up. if anyone could help me that that'd be mucho appreciado. i'll try to get a pic up of it.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: R27 value in VS Route 66?

I just repaired a powered subwoofer for a friend. It had a burned up resistor. I replaced it and powered the thing up. The new resistor started immediately smoking but stayed alive long enough that I could make some measurements to find the real problem.

Resistors don't normally burn up on their own. Once you figure out what value it is, you'll need to figure out what else in the circuit would cause the voltage/current to overstress it.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the value, I don't own one. Just thought I should give you a heads up to keep looking for the culprit and have more than one of the replacement value on hand.
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so" -- Douglas Adams
    "If something has a 1 in a million chance of occurring, 9 times out of 10 it will happen" -- Terry Pratchett

Re: R27 value in VS Route 66?

it's connected to the DC in, i have a feeling someone powered it with the wrong wall wart, either AC or WAY overpowered.

thanks for the heads up. type at ya later.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"