Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the Strangest Thing That's Ever Happened at One of Your Gigs?

Re: What is the Strangest Thing That's Ever Happened at One of Your Gigs?

ewwh
    do I look like I know what I'm doing?

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

Oh ya, I forgot about this thread. Basically ALL Saturday night before last could qualify. Though ALL of the girls taking their tops off while dancing through one of the worst version of 'Brick House' ever performed might rank up there, LOL. Adding sauce or spice to the mix was out drummer being so drunk that he called out loud through his mic "bridge coming!" on two tunes he sang, causing both me and the riddum guitar to look at each other and almost fall over laughing. (We later joked we should get him an air-horn so we can "let the bridge up" when we get close.) These are not exaggerations, nor are they by any stretch the craziest things that happened during a gig that lasted from 8 pm til sun up. Well maybe the topless dance fest was - woohoo!

maybe not the strangest, but certainly the most memorable.

Small club in town, third floor of a three story, three bar complex. Been a going concern for many years but a change in ownership was starting to show the strain with the general manager. The business was not doing well.

Anyways, I'm doing sound for my good friends' band and we get there early to set up and sound check. Manager comes in and says: "Guys, looks like I won't be able to pay you out in cash tonight, so anything you want tonight, I'm comping it 100%". So, we ordered the steak dinner, shrimp cocktail, loads of beer and whiskey and so on...our tab must have been well into the four figures that night.

From that day on, the band's rider has included "Surf and Turf" -mostly as a joke, but there's been a couple of times we have been able to collect on that!!!