Thread: Stephens Design Pickups/Rothstein Pre-wire

Stephens Design Pickups/Rothstein Pre-wire

I completely gutted my Mayer Strat. I bought some Stephens Design 59's and had Rothstein pre-wire me a pickguard using cream of the crop componants.

Dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with the Mayer "Big dippers", but they arent bluesy enough for me. They are more for a rock sound. If I want rock, I have a Gibson R9 that fits the bill nicely.

Guys its like night and day. This is how a Stratocaster should sound. At last that Strat sound I have heard in my head all of these years is in my hands. Beautifully clean, with that bell like chime....and the chime is EVERYWHERE on the neck. Not just the "sweet spot" that most Strats seem to have. A little Tube Screamer on the front end and its just amazing!....bluesy with attitude. I cant say enough good things about it. I strongly suggest if anyone is thinking of a gut job, to look up "Stephensdesign" pickups and "Rothstein" pre-wires. They arent cheap, but you do get what you pay for. Heres two pics...The first one is the stock John Mayer setup...The second is the Rothstein pre-wire. Look at the difference.

Re: Stephens Design Pickups/Rothstein Pre-wire

Cool!
    How about some soundclips?
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music