Thread: Powerhouse Strat issue

Powerhouse Strat issue

First of all, let me apologize for not having any pics to support my thread, but I will try and get some later.

Last night, I picked up my Powerhouse Strat and immediately noticed something had gone afoul. There was a clunking noise coming from behind the pickguard. As I turned the guitar over, the clunk became louder. "Great!" I thought. Just great....

Ok, so I removed the strings and unscrewed the pickguard to find the midrange boost pickup had come loose and was just floating around inside the body, hanging on by only the wires. Upon closer inspection, I found that it was only attached to the back of the pick guard with double-sided foam mounting tape. Is this really how Fender attached these pieces or am I missing something? I am not the original owner of this Strat, so anything could have occured while the previous owner had it, but this method of attaching a piece of electronics seems rather hokie.

Next, what would you all recommend for reattaching the pickup to the guitar? Does anyone have a pic of how they were done from the factory if the double-sided tape was not used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron
    "What we need are more people who specialize in the impossible "- Theodore Roethke

Re: Powerhouse Strat issue

That does seem a little hokey but it wouldn't surprise me if that's how Fender did it at the factory.

And really, if someone were to do a mod, why would they remove a more stable mounting system in order to replace it with a hokey one? No, I think that's original spec gear there!

Is there anything you could zip tie it to? Personally, I'd just find some more heavy duty double sided tape.
    s'all goof.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Man tha's cheezy.

Wif a capital "C"!

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Hot glue...