Thread: 3pdt switch question for the experts, loop pedals.

3pdt switch question for the experts, loop pedals.

so i want to build an a/b looper, with true bypass. with the pedal off it's straight thru, with it engaged you can select either loop A or loop B. i just copied my one loop pedal for the on/off portion, then i figured i'd use this schematic to creat 2 loops. please look at it.

going left to right, top to bottom it would be: loop A led ground, loop A send, loop A return, (not marked) ground, input source to loop, send back to the other switch, led B ground, loop B send, loop B retuen.

so do you think it will work? from what i have information wise it should. i might just wire it up tonight and see what's what.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: 3pdt switch question for the experts, loop pedals.

Well, no reason it shouldn't engage the loops and go to true bypass with it off. However, both loops will either be on, or off. It's a 3 pole, double throw switch. So there's only two positions of the switch (on or off).
    POO DAT!!!

Chucko, add a second switch for the master bypass. In fact, use three switches. One for bypass that always bypasses everything, and then one for each loop. It will be easier to manage things onstage that way.

Consider a wet/dry blender pot on on one or both channels as well. That's a real cool trick I have on mine to give me clean punch and distortion at the same time. Gives you that layered sound with only one amp.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

yep, that's how i did it, master bypass, and then the two loops. the first wiring didn't work because i didn't run the power properly, but now it does. thanks guys.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"