Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the "holy grail" of Tele pick-ups?

Forum Member

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

What about a set of Bardens?

Forum Member
    I used to work for Joe, so listen carefully. The new bardens are too bright. over the years joe has been using fewer and fewer winds on his pickups. This makes them thinner and more trebly. Danny gatton got a killer tone on 88 elmira street because those were the old style bardens.

My Favorite tele pickup at the moment it a peter Florence VooDoo broadcaster copy bridge pickup. It sounds kind of like a p-90. after playing my bardens all night my ears would hurt, this pickup is clear, bright but still smooth and creamy. The p-90 came before the tele pickups and leo was trying for that sound at first, thats why broadcaster guitars and pickups sound absolutely killer for blues.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by greentone
    I used to work for Joe, so listen carefully. The new bardens are too bright. over the years joe has been using fewer and fewer winds on his pickups. This makes them thinner and more trebly. Danny gatton got a killer tone on 88 elmira street because those were the old style bardens.

My Favorite tele pickup at the moment it a peter Florence VooDoo broadcaster copy bridge pickup. It sounds kind of like a p-90. after playing my bardens all night my ears would hurt, this pickup is clear, bright but still smooth and creamy. The p-90 came before the tele pickups and leo was trying for that sound at first, thats why broadcaster guitars and pickups sound absolutely killer for blues.
    Shit Hot,I actually have something that they don't make anymore???I have had these Bardens in my Tele since Jay Monterose and Joe Barden were still talking:spin actually I got them about7 or 8 years ago through Jay when Vintique was barely building a guitar every 6 months...I have to say that I love this guitar and have never made a change to it and probably won't now that you tell me that...
    Play it Loud,
    GFM
    Last edited by GuitarsfromMars; 09-03-2002 at 07:05 AM.