Thread: Pedal Board Update

Pedal Board Update

Well, I got rid of my Marshall DSL 50 (do not need 50 watts and a 412 anymore), decided the Fender Tremolo is the sound I want with the RI amps I have and last but not least, I have started to use the guitar volume alot more to play with the color of my sound instead of keeping it wide open and using a volume pedal...

That all made me rethink the board and it went from this:

To this:

The lack of volume pedal, tremolo and the one Boss distortion OS-2(just did not use it) definitely made the whole ordeal more compact now.

The big change I made was a looper (upper left corner). This is way cool technology. I use it for practice and have now even some songs where I feel comfortable to use it live and it really adds another dimension to the sound. You need to be real careful that you get the timing right on the loop phrase but it can be done....

Anyway, thought I would share this and ask.....do I have a pedal problem? Naaaaa, it is fun and they all sound soooooo kewel.....not to mention when all the lights are lit up it looks impressive on stage and seems to interest the girls - much to my wife's liking
    "Sorry" - John Belushi as he smashed a guitar in Animal House

Re: Pedal Board Update

Sweet! I love to drool over pedalboards. It's always fun to do a reassessment of the pedals, isn't it?

For a long time I've limited myself to what my board can hold. Even though this has often been frustrating, I've found that it A) saves me money, and B) forces me to consider what pedals I really "need".
    s'all goof.

Yeah, this one was a long thought and also entailed making other equipment decisions - the big one being getting away from the big Marshall which is the best decision I have made equipment wise in a long time. I just do not need that loud in your face sound and we play small venues where the DRRI is plenty and when push comes to shove I use the SRRI which is very seldom. A mic is always used now anyway.

Once it was known what was to be nixed and added, it was just replugging, recableing and then of course taking the electric saw and hacking a big piece of wood off the baby. Can glue that on anymore so this was a long term decision.....well for the next year anyway

By the way, where arte the new Lester pictures......

I know, I know. I haven't been holding out. I've just been busy. And... uh... I'm not really sure where my digital camera is...
    s'all goof.

Erock, I have the big Gator pedalboard but it's too big to take to some gigs...so I'm thinking of resurrecting my smaller Gator board to take to smaller gigs and jam sessions. More isn't always MORE, y'know?

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

I have one of these as my fx board for acoustic.

It neatly holds my Baggs PADI, my micro-POG and my JamMan.

I'm wishing for a second one for my 'big' electric rig. Which will consist of my Ross Phaser, OCD or Mule - maybe both, my AD-9, and maybe either the Bad Bob or the BYOC Compressor I'm building.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenjangle View Post
    Erock, I have the big Gator pedalboard but it's too big to take to some gigs...so I'm thinking of resurrecting my smaller Gator board to take to smaller gigs and jam sessions. More isn't always MORE, y'know?
    Yeah, I know. Sometimes I just take the clean boost, the chorus and the Fulldrive (clean boost and Fulldrive run on 18V, chorus on 9V wall warts) and I am good to go.

When we play bigger venues/long sets, I actually use each and every effect at least 2-3 times.....

I am trying to reduce. Right now it seems like trying to loose weight when you live next to a pizza joint.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n View Post
    I have one of these as my fx board for acoustic.

It neatly holds my Baggs PADI, my micro-POG and my JamMan.

I'm wishing for a second one for my 'big' electric rig. Which will consist of my Ross Phaser, OCD or Mule - maybe both, my AD-9, and maybe either the Bad Bob or the BYOC Compressor I'm building.

I actually used the large Pedal Train as a design inspiration while building my wooden contraption. They are really cool and rugged but the Pro costs over 200 Euros here in soft case version and the wood and materials cost me under 30 Euros....

I am thinking of the Pro with the hardcase as the ultimate soultion. I transport this in an old Rockbag I had.