Thread: Super Champ XD and Line6 owners?

Super Champ XD and Line6 owners?

Hey guys, I have a question about two pedals for use with two amps. I was thinking about adding the Ibanez Tube Screamer (turbo) and Line 6 Uber Metal effects pedals to my amps. Being that the Super Champ XD and Line6 Spider III that I own already come with built-in effects. Is it a waste of money adding these effects pedals to my amps? or will they boost and enhance the sounds?

At the moment I am using my amps for practice and fun. I love making my stratocaster produce metal sounds with both amps. As I progress, I can easily see myself upgrading my amp to something bigger and probably not with another modeling amp.

Re: Super Champ XD and Line6 owners?

from personal experience, with the pod (kidney shaped one), i don't like pedals into modelers. YMMV, and like i said i use a POD to monitor through here at the house. so i what i'm saying is that i don't have the exact same gear as you.

all that to say that i'm sure you could get some cool sounds with your gear, but i'd try before i buy.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Super Champ XD and Line6 owners?

In my experience, Line6 amps don't respond to OD effects like tube amps do.

In short, tube preamps can sound great when pushed by a booster or an OD. The input section of a Line6 amp is an analog/digital converter. When pushed too hard, this can sound like crap.

You can use a distortion effect to color your sound, but keep in mind that boosting does not work like it does with a tube amp.

Don't know about the champ.