Thread: newbie with a question

Forum Member

newbie with a question

I own a 1975 (I think) P-bass. Serial#626068. The serial is located on the neck plate with the fender "f" below it. The bass is ash with a clear coat. It is all original including the case, minus the pickup in which I had installed by a licensed fender dealer. I also have the original case. I would say the bass is in good condition. The pickguard is cracked around the input jack, I am missing the chrome pickup cover. The action is good and the neck is straight. There is some minor finish wear on the body and some wear on the neck from being played.

I have owned it for about 12 years now, I was just curious if anybody has an idea about what it is worth? I am contemplating on selling it. I could upload some pictures if this would help figure out the value.

Thanks,
    JH

TFF Stage Crew

Re: newbie with a question

The slightest whiff of the mention of a guitar for sale outside the Classified section is prohibited.
    However, you shall be granted some slack & directed to this thread:
    HERE
    It's dealing w/Jazz basses, but TFF member FenderBlog.com might be able to steer you in the right direction at least.

I wasn't going to say anything but there is some direction for you on my lists. I searched "Precision" on the Fender Guitar list I put together and came up with 267 hits. The Fender Jazz list has 34 hits. Hope that will help you.

I added a list of the 270 precision sales at the top of the guitar sales list so you wouldn't have to search through the pdf file. I didn't do this for the Precisions in the Jazz Bass list but you can search it easy enough.