Thread: Fulltone GT500

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Fulltone GT500

What's the consensus here regarding this pedal......anybody got one?

The concept of dual daisy-chained effects with selectable order of precedence is intriguing.

TIA

Re: Fulltone GT500

I bought one when they first came out because I always loved my OCD and had high hopes for a double channel OD with similar tone. I was fairly disappointed and wound up selling the pedal on eBay. I'm hoping later generations are better. I used it at a gig and it just sounded way too overpowering. I could barely even turn up the gain at all...I thought something might be wrong with it. Plus it was bad about picking up radio stations and made a loud hiss when it was on at the same time as my stomp tuner. Anyway, bottom line is, I just didn't like the sound....way too high gain, heavy metal for me...

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Hmm......pickin' up radio stations onstage makes it a show-stopper for me. Thanks for the report.

"And our next number is going to be.... ::radio station interupts onstage:: Well everyone Brett Favre is going back to the packers! Thanks for listeningto ESPN sports talk!" heh.. I can see Refin now going apes**t LOL!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Forum Member

That's what comics call a "callback."
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

I borrowed one from my teacher (right before he put it on eBay) and for what ever reason, I could not get a good sound through my AC15CC.
    I thought that the over drive was a little too dirty, I guess I was expecting more of a Tube Screamer sound. The distortion was really smooth but, not in the way that I was looking for, it reminded me of my bro's Monte Allums moded DS-1. I tried it at both 9 and 18 volts, and with the switch in both positions.
    Nice, but not for me.

The booster side is awesome, the overtone is so darn sweet

But I cannot get a proper sound on the 'distortion side', it sounds like a bit of fuzz and some dude farting...