Thread: 62avri hot rod

62avri hot rod

Been checking out the posts about fave strats and lots of folks in here rave about the 62hot rod.I ordered one today in sherwood green.I am in search of my perfect strat.I been fond of maple necks but played a 62rw neck 9.5 at GC and loved it..............Gary

Forum Member

Re: 62avri hot rod

Congrats! They are cool guitars! Looking forward to your report when it comes in!

Can't wait to see it...keep us posted!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Forum Member

those have nice fat necks. a store here has one in sunburst. i just cant pay 1500 for it.

got the guitar today,was a scratch and dent from one of the web stores,high e string is a little too close to edge of neck,does have some very slight dents on the back of the neck,body is perfect.I really love the sherwood green and mint pick guard combo sweet looking.Grain and 1 seam(2 piece?) show thru the thin finish.Played the guitar with my friends 74 100watt marshallstack,WOW he too was impressed,you guys as always are dead on.This guitar sounds great,just needs some TLC on the set up.I compare it a little to the EJ's I tried except this is a little mellower and has a tad more bottom end and less amp, fret buzz(my thoughts).The case is way cool all brown with yellow inside.Will call fender tomorrow to see when it was made serial no v168318. its not perfect but me and my friends who looked at it tonight think it might be a keeper.This guitar changed my mind of having a maple neck strat the rose wood is way way cool and comfortable.I will soon get a host site to post pics but she looks like the rest of the beautys I have seen on the site,considering what a american standard costs a few hundred more for this thing is worth it for me.Im thinking going to .009 strings,lower action a tad,set harmonics and centering the neck to bring the high e off the edge,if all else fails I will boomarang her back and be in search of again.Thanks for the replys fellerz.........................................Ga ry

Forum Member

it has a maple fretboard?

HippieBob it has a rosewood fret board maple neck with no skunk stripe,kinda fat as a baseball bat cut in half,I dig it.I straightened the neck in its pocket to gain a real good 1/16" for the high e from edge of neck.Gonna restring with 9's which will relax the neck a little straighter.I noticed 9.5 radius doesnt work real good with 3-4 fret bends.the high e wants to fret out at fret 17-19 if I bend like up a step to 2 steps.Is this common not that you would be doing those style bends much.Thanks for the replys.................Gary

Sounds Nice!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009