Thread: Recommended Maple Necks

Recommended Maple Necks

Hi everyone,

I'm some what new here but I wanted to take part in some discussions about guitars since there's nowhere else to go these days

I currently have a 2004 Fender MIM P Bass with a few few small upgrades. What I'm trying to do is convert my bass into a vintage style one. In particular: Roger Waters style. I have the strings (Rotosound Jazz Bass 77), I have the bridge ('62 reissue), the pickups I'm happy with at the moment (Basslines), but wanted an all-maple neck.

Any recommendations on quality maple necks that won't cost an arm and a leg? (I've seen AllParts, Mighty Mite, and the ultra expensive American-made ones)

Thanks,

Marantz2010

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Recommended Maple Necks

All posts in this thread have been removed but I'm not locking it because perhaps the O.P. can be answered in a way that doesn't violate TFF's rules.

Look folks--you're going to find I'm letting a lot of stuff slide that I didn't in years past. I'm really for self-moderation of this site. However, there are a couple rules we cannot let slide and still call ourselves The Fender Forum.

Please review the rules and pay particular attention to #10. Thanks.

Re: Recommended Maple Necks

Sorry sir,

I have found that I will purchase a AllParts neck and get some Vintage Tuners for it and I'll be set.

Thanks for the help!

Rock on!
    1971 Black/Black Fender P Bass w/ Maple Neck
    2006 Fretless Fender Jazz Bass
    Ampeg BA115 Amp
    Rotosound RS66 Roundwound strings on both guitars
    Zoom B2.1u Effects and USB recording interface
    Custom Made David Gilmour Strap for kicks