Thread: My new pedalboard (update)

Forum Member

My new pedalboard (update)

There some new pictures of my pedal board. By the way, the Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz is one of the best IMHO...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Pierre

AV Strat57/ Teese Picture Wah/ Sweetsound Mojo Vibe/ Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz/ Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor/ SkreddyPedals Top Fuel/ Lovepedal COT50/ Lovepedal Burst Eternity/ Lovepedal Mini Buffer/ Korg Pitchblack tuner/ Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser/ Analog.Man Mini Chorus (14.5V) / Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay/ DRRI with 2 Weber speakers. http://photobucket.com/stratav57

Forum Member

Re: My new pedalboard (uptade)

That's really clean. Looks great!

Very nice. I'm in the process of making one myself (just bought the material, haven't started yet) But I was thinking of building one pretty close in design to yours but was having trouble picturing if the finished product would work the way I envisioned. My current board is too small and messy looking (wires).Thanks for putting up the pics. What brand of cables are those?

Wow. That's one of the nicest home made boards I've seen. How do you like the lava connects? Are they easier than George Ls?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hippiebob01 View Post
    That's really clean. Looks great!
    too clean (lol). get some road rash on those things!
    Great pics BTW.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10-15-14 View Post
    Very nice. I'm in the process of making one myself (just bought the material, haven't started yet) But I was thinking of building one pretty close in design to yours but was having trouble picturing if the finished product would work the way I envisioned. My current board is too small and messy looking (wires).Thanks for putting up the pics. What brand of cables are those?
    Tanks a lot

These are new Lava Mini ELC/Lava Plug solder-free. I used to use George L's but a lot of grounding problem with those! The Lava are perfect IMHO.

http://www.lavacable.com/Lava%20Cable.htm
    Pierre

AV Strat57/ Teese Picture Wah/ Sweetsound Mojo Vibe/ Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz/ Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor/ SkreddyPedals Top Fuel/ Lovepedal COT50/ Lovepedal Burst Eternity/ Lovepedal Mini Buffer/ Korg Pitchblack tuner/ Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser/ Analog.Man Mini Chorus (14.5V) / Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay/ DRRI with 2 Weber speakers. http://photobucket.com/stratav57

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by usc96 View Post
    Wow. That's one of the nicest home made boards I've seen. How do you like the lava connects? Are they easier than George Ls?
    Tanks a lot

I used to use George L's but a lot of grounding problem with those! The Lava are perfect IMHO and it's really easy to connect.
    Pierre

Tres bon... very tidy indeed. That's sort of what I always wanted to do but amn't practical enough on the DIY front. I'll put pictures of my latest creation on in the thread.

Very nice looking board and pedal selection... also, nice close-up photography... very cool.
    MMCQUAIN * Rock, Blues, Christian player * mmcquain@mcquain.com
    Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric
    Egnater, Dean Markley, D'Addario, various effect pedals
    http://www.youtube.com/mmcquain * http://www.facebook.com/mmcquain

Very neatly done & tasteful. I thought my rig was nice?

I use these for my quick pickup & go pedals.
    Oh the tone

Clean.

Of course, you're gonna have to show me what it looks like after 100 gigs, and three beers spilled on it.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

TFF Stage Crew

Re: My new pedalboard (update)

That looks killer. The only gripe I have w/uncovered boards like this (I have one, too) is that the knobs have a tendency to get busted off rather easily. In fact I'm in the process of re-designing a 2nd pedalboard that can be enclosed for storage & transpo.
    Got any ideas on that? It looks like you know how to work w/wood pretty well. I like the fact that you have wasted no space
    Last edited by Cogs; 02-18-2008 at 01:51 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 71818 View Post
    That looks killer. The only gripe I have w/uncovered boards like this (I have one, too) is that the knobs have a tendency to get busted off rather easily. In fact I'm in the process of re-designing a 2nd pedalboard that can be enclosed for storage & transpo.
    Got any ideas on that? It looks like you know how to work w/wood pretty well. I like the fact that you have wasted no space
    I use a super gig bag for my pedalboard from CoverAmps.com as to cover my amp.
    http://www.coveramp.com/index.aspx?ln=EN

There somes pictures:

Pierre

TFF Stage Crew

Great idea! I guess I have been so set on a board w/a detachable lid I never stopped to consider a nice vinyl/nylon bag could fill the bill just as well, maybe better~
    I also like the hidden power source. Is that A Voodoo Lab PP?

I'm still in favor of the 'ol hardshell roadcase, 71818. My buddy builds them. He'll build a board similar to the one above, measure the height of the tallest pedal (usually a wah), and builds a foam lined, hardshell case around the board. He uses 1" thick foam and compresses it 1/2" per side. The stuff stays in there snugly and doesn't sustain road damage. He also uses recessed butterfly latches on the front and a split hinge on the rear. You can take the top off and leave the board in the bottom of the case or take the board out completely. The stuff is built mostly for the lower-budget, local musician... much less expensive than Anvil stuff, but durable enough to protect your gear well on the road. Email me if you want website or phone info.
    ...and on the 8th day, God created the Super Reverb and there was ROCK, and it was GOOD!

Forum Member

Sweet board. How are the pedals attached to the board?

Forum Member

Another uptade... hope it's the last one!

Pierre

Forum Member

Wow, I need to build a pedal board. What brand of cable connectors do you recommend. I checked out the lava cables... a bit out of my price range right now. Especially considering I'm running 10 pedals. I need a couple of 12' RA cables.

Forum Member

Hey Strat, how do you like that MI Blues Pro?

Hey there, How is the fillmoore West Fuzz? Heard good things, never tried though.
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Forum Member

Here is a nice homemade pedalboard that I saved to My Favorites. Someday I hope to make an attempt at it.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...ghlight=boring

Well, since we're showing boards, here's the latest iteration of mine.

It's not terribly pretty - too much cabling nonsense - but it works great.

I actually want to replace the Small Stone phaser with a Dyna-comp - but of course the problem is that I don't want the comp to come after the overdrives due to noise considerations but there is only one place the comp can go on the board...

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Forum Member

Rickjangle, how is that DD-20? I am playing on getting one really soon, and I was impressed with all the feature for the price. I was going to get a EH Deluxe Memory, but you can make loops and this pedal and it seems to have more features (plus it s cheaper).

Delae, the DD20 is one of the best delay pedals I've ever owned. It's easy to use, versatile, sounds great - only thing is it's big...

I've got 2 quadraverbs now, and other delays, like on my J-station, etc. And have owned the Memory Man (very cool but limited) and the Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (one of the grails but way way overpriced). The DD20 is my go-to unit for nearly every delay texture I could want.

Plus, the 4th factory preset is a modulated, dream-like multi-tap delay that I could never in my wildest dreams program on my own, but which has become a large part of the sound of the more ballad-y material we play at church. So, for me it's a keeper...

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Not to hi-jack but I've had MANY digital delays and I, too, am a big fan of the DD-20 (I've had two). The on-the-fly tap tempo is great (with dedicated tempo LED which is a different color) as is the ability to easily visually identify which preset you're on when onstage (being able to read a backlit LCD helps as well).

Great pedal, IMO.
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...

Forum Member

Thanks for the replies about that pedal, I am just waiting for the next pay check and I am going straight to GC to get it (I have a gift card). Sorry for the hijack...

These pedal boards are awesome, and that mojo vibe makes me purple with envy.

Forum Member

Another uptade... this one is the last, I Believe!

Pierre

Forum Member

Another uptade... just bought a Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser... Wow... this is it! The perfect phaser, from subtle to deep and rich!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Pierre

TFF Stage Crew

So NOW are you done?
    Still admiring the cleanliness of your board. I can't believe how many ideas I ripped off:

See the handle/AC input guard? Got that idea from you in a way. Yours is still more compact. I could probably shave a few inches off if I tried real hard on a new design. I need to keep the power supply a good distance away from my wah, though. It will hum a lot.

Is that a custom paint job on your wah? Super groovy!!!

TFF Stage Crew

Yes, it's on fire!
    lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 71818 View Post
    So NOW are you done?
    Still admiring the cleanliness of your board. I can't believe how many ideas I ripped off:

See the handle/AC input guard? Got that idea from you in a way. Yours is still more compact. I could probably shave a few inches off if I tried real hard on a new design. I need to keep the power supply a good distance away from my wah, though. It will hum a lot.
    Tanks a lot man! Your board is beautifull to, congradulations!
    Pierre

Forum Member

Stratav57 what do you think of that Mojo Vibe? It seems like a pretty versatile pedal, and the sound clips for that thing are incredible... is it worth the dough?

Its a little pricey, but I have to admit I have been wanting one since I found about them...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by delae30 View Post
    Stratav57 what do you think of that Mojo Vibe? It seems like a pretty versatile pedal, and the sound clips for that thing are incredible... is it worth the dough?

Its a little pricey, but I have to admit I have been wanting one since I found about them...
    It's one of the best Vibe, I highly recommand it. Plus it don't take to much place on your board. Go for it...
    Pierre

The Mojo vibe is awesome! It would b e my vibe of choice...
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com