Thread: Looking for a Fender snap-in pot

Looking for a Fender snap-in pot

I just got a Champion 30 practice amp that needs a main volume pot. Got it for $25 on CL in good shape except for the snapped off pot. It works, but there's no knob or way to mount one now.

Anyway, the part I need is a 15A 50K snap-in PCB mounted pot with a long plastic D shaft and the original Fender part number is 037323.

Is this only available from Fender or a service center? I'm sure they'll charge up the ying for it. Original factory part & all the crap.

Any other sources for it? I see AES has a linear pot that looks just like it, not sure if the original is linear or audio. My first guess would be audio since it's a main volume pot. Mouser, Allied, etc.?

Anyone have a spare one in their junk box?

Cheers,
    - JJ
    "I bet your Momma was a tent-show Queen ..."

Re: Looking for a Fender snap-in pot

Hey J - I've had a good look around on all the Fender part sites I know of and none of them list a 50K snap in with a D shaft - good luck!!

Re: Looking for a Fender snap-in pot

I ended up just yanking the offending pot out and replacing it with a 16mm chassis mounted pot. I build a lot of effect pedals and a 50k pot isn't hard to come by around my workbench. Since I only have $25 into the amp I could have thrown some $ at it, but I figured it's a SS practice amp so what the hell. I stuck a regular Fender (new) 1-10 skirt knob in it and even though it's bigger than the little ones the amp has everywhere else, it's not stupid large.

From the outside it just looks like a knob was replaced with something close but not exact, though it's now the only metal shaft pot in the amp. I suppose someone down the road will look inside it and wonder why someone would hardwire one Alpha pot in there. ;D

Cheers
    "I bet your Momma was a tent-show Queen ..."