Thread: In desperate need of help. ´02 Telecaster??? PLEASE HELP!

Forum Member

In desperate need of help. ´02 Telecaster??? PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys!
    Looking for some info on a limited edition Telecaster.
    DESCREPTION:It had that Blonde mary kay finish and gold hardware + a white crushed pickguard that was shaped differently than the standard models. 4way pickup selector switch, and birdseye maple neck... Really beautifull- The guy in the shop didn't know much about it and told me that it was made in ´02 or so and that it was a limited model of only 200. Which was also printed on the neckplate. Pretty expensive, I thinkit was around 5000$.
    Any info on this model?
    I've never seen one like that before and have searhed the internet to find one similar, without any luck at all.
    I must admit that my knowledge of Fender guitar is very limited, so any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards!

P.S. The guitar sounded and played very well, but again, my knowledge of Fenders are limited, so would these limited models have any collectors value to it, increase or keep it's value?
    If I'd buy it it would deffinately be for using it, but don't know much about these limited model, and if 200 are in any way limited for a telecaster so 5000$ is alot of money for me, if these models arent in any way collectors items or "special" for what it's worth.

Re: In desperate need of help. ´02 Telecaster??? PLEASE HELP!

Check out the guitar being discussed in this thread:

http://www.thefenderforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34485

It's a beaut.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello

Forum Member

Re: In desperate need of help. ´02 Telecaster??? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for the link:-)
    Yup the colour is right, bit the one I'm looking at isn't a thinline with the "F" hole, the pickguard is also different shaped but still not like the ones seen on standard Teles.
    Also the one I'm looking at has gold hardware and the "tounge" hardware, as on standard teles as well, (so the Pu switch, tone/volume knobs are in a straight line as on standard models)
    Actually the store calls it a "Special edition Tele" and 200 were produced worldwide. So still looking for info etc. on this particular model;-)
    Thanks again.