Thread: Mexi switches & pots

Mexi switches & pots

How are the switches and pots in the MIM reissues? Are they USA or imports that should be changed?

Thanks!

Re: Mexi switches & pots

The pots in my '03 MIM 50s Strat are CTS and the switch is good too (can't remember the brand).

Tommy.

Re: Mexi switches & pots

The pots and switchs in the MIM classic are the same ones as used in the AM vintage RI , CTS as Ziess said and I think the switch is CLR,all good stuff. The bodies are three piece from what I have seen. The tunners seem to work well are a brand (ping) which are not made as well as the Gotoh on the MIA, the trem block on the MIM classic is full size but made of cast metal ,the MIA is mostly steel and some like to change them .The MIA , All parts or Calaham steel vintage block fit into the MIM classic if you decied to change it. The pick ups in the MIM are alnico V sound good but not as good as the57/62 or CS pickups.The stock pick up covers fit on the CS Fender pick ups.

All that being said they are nice guitars as is but a person could change the tunners, block and pick ups if they wanted, if you find or have a good example of one it will benifit those changes or a few.On the other hand if it works great stock why bother.
    ones too many and a hundred is not enough!