Thread: p-p-p-pop screen

The UK. Not all of it mind, just a bit of it.

p-p-p-pop screen

I'm looking to buy a decent quality pop screen to go in front of my AT3035, used mainly for vocals. Is there anything in particular I should look for or stay away from (nylon mesh, metal, 1/2/4 layer, etc)?

Thanks in advance
    'Alton Towers - Where the magic never ends', or so the commercial says. Imagine my disappointment when it closed at 7.30

The UK. Not all of it mind, just a bit of it.

Re: p-p-p-pop screen

Thanks Fezz, I looked at the AKG, just wanted to make sure it was okay.

I was going to try manipulating the wife's stockings, but wasn't quite sure how I'd explain it to her ("In an effort to reduce the sound of my heavy breathing and any any other sudden noises, I'm going to start singing through your stockings.").

Might do it now anyway. If she asks what I'm doing I can always say I was recommended it on an internet forum...
    'Alton Towers - Where the magic never ends', or so the commercial says. Imagine my disappointment when it closed at 7.30

I have one at work that is made by Shure. It works really well because it has a double screen.

I have a cheap one. I thought about buying another cheap one and sticking two of them together.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

Quote Originally Posted by fezz parka View Post

Easy there, MacGyver!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Thanks Fezz, I looked at the AKG, just wanted to make sure it was okay.

I was going to try manipulating the wife's stockings, but wasn't quite sure how I'd explain it to her ("In an effort to reduce the sound of my heavy breathing and any any other sudden noises, I'm going to start singing through your stockings.").

Might do it now anyway. If she asks what I'm doing I can always say I was recommended it on an internet forum...
    I'd suggest pantyhose rather than stockings. Getting the garter belt to sit right on the mic stand is a real pain.

Also, forget the fishnets.

-Mark