Thread: classic player 50s or 50th anniversary strat?

classic player 50s or 50th anniversary strat?

hi,im torn between these two models and wanna know from you which one to choose...
    the custom shop 54 pu in the anniversary strat are maybe better than the vinatage 62 in the classic player 50s, but this model has locking tuners which look vintage and i like that...

what are youre experiences?

thanks a lot!

Re: classic player 50s or 50th anniversary strat?

Which 50th Anniversary strat? Am Series, Am Deluxe, Custom Shop or MIM gold from 2004, or the "50th Anniversary of Fender" ones from a few years before?

I'm very partial to my 2004 Am Series Ash/Maple with the '54 pickups.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

the one you mentioned...just the american series 50th anniversary and not the deluxe!
    i heard the american series has the truer original fender sound even with the hum of the 54;-)

but i really dont like the serial number on the back of the headstock, i think fender really make their guitars ugly with this procedure...

I have a 50th AmSe.,and looking at the specs for the CP50,..I don't think I would care for it,..I had a '57 AVRI,and found the 57/62 pups too bright and thin compared to the 54's,which have a sort of "warm growl" to them,..that alone would be enough for me,..plus the CP50's are Alder,..I personally prefer Ash....
    CP50's are going for around $800?,..you probably could find a 50th AmSe. for a little less?.....besides,...the CP50 comes with a gig bag,..you'd get a cool tweed case with the 50th AmSe.! And you are the only one who would see the back of the headstock.....
    50th AmSe. Strat
    '54 ThinSkin Strat
    Mesa Nomad 45 1-12 Combo
    Mesa Lonestar Special 2-12 Combo

thank you guys!

i guess everybody would prefer the 50th anni over the cp 50 strat;-)

Forum Member

Longhair55, What is the neck like on the 50th? I saw the pic of yours on that other thread the other day. It's a beaut!

Neck is a regular Am Series maple.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Forum Member

My CP 50's strat is highly underrated. I've had mine for about a month and a half now and am loving it. Stays in tune better than any strat I've ever had. Perfect maple V neck, perfect frets, extremely tight neck pocket, extremely resonant, great sustain - I love the 57/62 pups - they're perfect for me. I may be in the minority but I prefer the Alder body over the ash. If you can get over the Made in Mexico thing you should consider this one as well. I think it's one of the best guitar purchases I've ever made