Thread: Fender 60 Tele RW Candy Apple Red

Forum Member

Fender 60 Tele RW Candy Apple Red

hi everybody!

I´m new here, but I have a very simple question: can anyone tell me a bit about the Fender 60 Tele RW Candy Apple Red?

Anyone here who owns one of these? The thing is, I've been looking at it and I'm now thinking about buying it. My knowledge seen from a technical point of view is very limited though so I though I'd just ask if anyone would recommend it. If it has any significance then the music I'd like to play is in the genre mostly known as a sort of lo-fi indie rock as played by bands as modest mouse etc.

Looking forward to your reply

Forum Member

Re: Fender 60 Tele RW Candy Apple Red

I own one. One of the first guitars I ever bought. I believe it was called a custom telecaster back then. It is a good telecaster. Plug it into a 100 watt Marshall and you will break glass!

I would have gotten the Muddy Waters version instead if I had the chance. Mine has a white binding on the guitar and it is not to the quality of a custom shop version.

I own a couple other tele one being an anniversary issue (two tone brown with a maple pickup) that sounds awsome and is so effortless to play. I also own a John Jorgensen custom tele in champaign that is outstanding as well. (Has two humbucking pickups - but you can split the pickups to single coil to either sound like a tele or les paul)

Wow sixpence
    I own a JJ strat called a hellecaster and would kill for one of those teles to match my collection. I wonder if they are available anywhere.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JM3 View Post
    Wow sixpence
    I own a JJ strat called a hellecaster and would kill for one of those teles to match my collection. I wonder if they are available anywhere.
    http://www.guitarmegastore.com/fende...nson_tele.html Here is a link.
    Last edited by Sixpense; 04-26-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JM3 View Post
    Wow sixpence

From an internet search, it states that it was discontinued. Could be that it was a limited production guitar. In any case, if you find one, get it. Great sound and production quality.

I know mine (Hellecaster) was limited and only about 500 made What a guitar!

This thread has been here for 5 days and it's still on the Stratocaster side...Odd.
    ...and on the 8th day, God created the Super Reverb and there was ROCK, and it was GOOD!