Thread: how much is worth a 66 Precision bass, excellentcondition

Forum Member

how much is worth a 66 Precision bass, excellentcondition

Hi Dear friends,
    I have a friend of mine wanting to sell me his 66 P bass in excellent or excellent +++ condition.

I have no idea what's the actual value of Precision basses...

SO HELP please.
    The guitar is caseless in sunburst finish all original with covers no paint missing on the body or neck.
    Great bass.

Re: how much is worth a 66 Precision bass, excellentcondition

You might compare prices on Ebay to see what the going price is. I'm not much of an expert on this, but if your friend has anything that can document the authenticity of the instrument, I'd expect he could be looking at 5 figures in US dollars.
    Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery

If you have an eBay account, you can research completed listings and see what people ACTUALLY paid for them.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Hi!

Please post the serial number if you can. If this Precision Bass is definitely "original" 1966, in excellent shape it's worth a ton of cash! I just bought a copy of "The Blue Book Of Electric Guitars," according to the Blue Book lists a 1966 Precision Bass, "CBS MFG," made in the U.S.A., and excellent condition (90%- 95%) it's worth $3750.00 - $3000.00 price range.

I hope this answers your question!