Thread: which squier is this?

Forum Member

which squier is this?

Once in a while, in China, problably by mistake, the make a great Squier. I've had the red one ('96er) for a while. And after i tested a lot of them i got the black one this week.

The black one doesn't have his original neckplate anymore, and there is no info to be found inside the neckpocket

They look the same, but when you look closer........

The headstock on top is my red '96er

The headstock at the bottom is the unknown black squier. On the balck one the paint on the logo is thicker and the word: "STRAT" is bigger and bolder. The trussrod is ajusteble on the body side of the neck and the stringtrees are further appart. Also is the fretboard a little bit thickere than on the '96er.

Also very strange: The bridge of the black squier has 4 holes insted of 6 (see pic)

The neck of the red oone has 22 frets and the neck of the black one has 21 frets.

The neck of the red one has a clear coat of varnish, and on the black one it's a bit of yellow.

Can anyone tell me where the black squier was made and when?

Re: which squier is this?

Do you want to sell the black Squier? It's probably Indonesia or China.

Forum Member

Re: which squier is this?

Quote Originally Posted by StratoSJ View Post
    Do you want to sell the black Squier? It's probably Indonesia or China.
    Sell it? No, i tryed a lot of them to find one that's great, so i'm keeping it. I might put a maple neck on it like "Blackie". The two in the pictures are here to stay.