Thread: Mac fans: I need a replacement for MBox!

Mac fans: I need a replacement for MBox!

I now have an Ibook G4 and my MBox will not work unless I upgrade. Before I do that, what else is out there? I've been messing with Garageband, so maybe just a good guitar interface? I need something since my Ibook has no input other than firewire and USB...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Mac fans: I need a replacement for MBox!

Why won't it work? I have an iBook G4 and use ProTools with the 002-R, but the bass player in my band uses his iBook G4 with his Mbox. I had to upgrade my iBook to OSX 10.4.x to move up to ProTools 7.x, but it was a very good move.

What's the hardware issue that can't upgrade?

I'm running OS 10.4.x and I only have ProTools LE 6.1. It keeps closing on me while open. I went to the website and I can't seem to find an upgrade to 7.x. I think I have to buy it?
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

TFF Stage Crew

Yes. ProTools LE 6.x is totally incompatible with OSX 10.4.x. If you upgrade to PT 7.x your problems will be solved and the Mbox will work fine again.

The bad part is that the upgrade is $75, but I can't say enough good about the stability and extended features of PT 7.x The link at Digidesign is a little hard to find, but it's at the Avid online store. I ordered it with the option of them also sending me the install DVDs, so I downloaded the upgrade right away but got the DVDs for whenever I upgrade my computer.

TFF Stage Crew

Grito, try this link as a starting point.

http://www.avidstore.com/us/index.cf...x&categoryid=7

-pc

Thanks PC!
    Senator Roark - Sin City

There are several options available besides m-box.

I've got two of them:

M-Audio Firewire Solo
    and a

Canopus ADVCIIO handles video too.

Both available at the apple store online.