Thread: G-DEC problems

G-DEC problems

does any body out there own a G-DEC amp? are you having problems with it skipping around the presets? i just got one last week and noticed this problem. any feedback/advice would be helpful

Forum Member

Re: G-DEC problems

I'm not familiar enough with the G-Dec to give an intelligent answer, but if the G-Dec is based on some DSP type chips maybe there's a way to 're-boot' the amp. For example on the Valvetronix series you can reset the amp by holding down two buttons (power off) and then turning on the amp. Maybe something similar on the G-Dec?

when it comes to anything hightec i'm anything but intelligent. what does dsp mean/stand for. the manual for the amp does not give any info about trouble shooting. i've been looking around on some outher sites and this sounds / seams to be a problem with a number of these amps. i'm just wondering if it's something i should just learn to live with or should i try going thru the trouble of shlepping it back to the guitar center i bought it from. for a swop or having it sent out for repair.

Forum Member

DSP = digital sound processor

Will GC swap? That might be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Will GC swap? That might be your best bet.
    Yep, if digital stuff goes flaky, you're almost always better off just replacing it with the latest upgrade.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

figured i'd give an update.... i got tired of noodling around on the darn thing and called up guitar center where i got it from(commack NY) .told me they still had 2 in stock( on the shelf) or they would order one from fender for me... took a look at the one on the shelf ( giving the menu knob a couple of twists) no skipping. did the swop no problems. i just hope they didn't put the one i took back in stock
    anyway,only cowboy's stay in tune! JIMI H

Forum Member

I just joined as a member and saw your thread.

I had the same problem with my G-DEC. When I tried to switch patches or change effect settings the dial did not follow any pattern. I would try to switch from 2 to 3 and the patch would jump to 25. I would turn it back and it would jump to 16. There was no pattern.

I took it back to the store and they replaced it. I have had my new one for about two months and am seeing the same problem.

The guys at the store have received a number of complaints for this problem.