Thread: .........chorusss..........

Forum Member

.........chorusss..........

does anyone know some chorus stomp box???
    Im looking for one but i can choose one........any suggestion??.....I mean all of them are the same but different features........im kind of confuse.....

I kind of like the Electro harmonix small clone, the boos CE-5, and the digitech one with the morph knob........

I have a Boss CE-5 and it's a decent pedal. Good range of usable chorus from subtle to stupid. The Hi/Lo Filter knob is useful - gives a passable 12-string imitation with the bass rolled off and treble up high. You can't go wrong with Boss - solid and good resale value.

Chorus is a pretty standard effect. If you've tried all three and can't make up your mind, it's probably because it doesn't matter that much - any of the three would do the job for you. Go for the special feature if you think you would use it and it gives it the edge.

Forum Member
    I like the old Ibanez CS-505 stereo from the '80's that gives a nice thick chorus.It's the blue one with the small square switch.they're from the same series as the original Tubescreamer TS808 .Maxon (who makes Ibanez' pedals) have re-issued it. check out www.maxonfx.com

www.analogman.com makes a good one based on some vintage pedals,he also has some great old second hand pedals for sale at reasonable prices.

Watto
    Reynolds Valve-art ,The best amps ever made.

Forum Member
    .........thanks guys

I think im gonna folow r-senior's advice and get the boss one..... I like the maxon analog one but its out of my budget (i only have $100 (us/dollars) to spend in that.
    .........thanks again guys

The market in pedals is always pretty fluid - it might be worth trying your luck on eBay ...

Chorus Pedal

Forum Member
    great link r-senior.there is a fantastic choice for you DanielZ and it seems well inside your price range.
    Let us know what you get.

Watto

Forum Member
    ok, ok, ok

just when i though i had made up my mind.........I was looking at this musician's friend catalog, when i saw this Ibanez Chorus/ flanger pedal (CF-7) (here is the link for the description http://www.ibanez.com/tonelok/tonelok.asp?pedal=CF7 ).......does anybody know anything about this one???....I haven't try it but i just read the description in the ibanez web page and it looks like its a good deal like a 2 pedals for one i does the same that the boos flanger BF-2 does and the chorus its like the boos CF-1 superchorus , I know i like the CE-5 but the ibanez looks good and...........well, i haven't try any of those, for sure im trying them all on the weekend , maybe i'll make up my mind until then
    Last edited by DanielZ; 01-07-2003 at 05:18 PM.

Forum Member
    you can check out reviews from owners at www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/#man just click on the manufacturer and then the user comments on the pedal you're interested in

all the best
    Watto

Here I am again, offering an inexpensive, but GREAT alternative, and bending over and lubing up the process.... The BEST chorus I have ever used (I have used Boss CE-5, TS series Ibanez, etc..) is also the cheapest. The Arion Stereo Chorus is fantastic!!! I know it comes in a plastic box and only costs $40. or so, but I really does sound great. I think I just read where Scott Henderson swears by his also. Go ahead, I am ready......

Originally posted by DanielZ
    I was looking at this musician's friend catalog, when i saw this Ibanez Chorus/ flanger pedal (CF-7) (here is the link for the description http://www.ibanez.com/tonelok/tonelok.asp?pedal=CF7 ).......does anybody know anything about this one
    Total Guitar Magazine - a GOOD UK guitar magazine with generally excellent reviewing, imho - did a review of Chorus pedals in last month's issue, and they gave this Ibanez pedal an Editor's Choice Award, basically saying it's the best sounding pedal in it's price range (a range that included some pedals - like the Boss - that cost considerably more).... So I think it's safe to say that the ToneLok would be a good choice, despite it's name. I personally haven't been a big fan of the latter day Boss chorus pedals - if you must go Boss I'd suggest seeking out a preowned CE-2, which is a very nice pedal for the money. I'm currently using a Visual Sounds H2O for chorus and delay duties on my pedal board, and I'm very pleased with the sounds I can tweek from it - the best thing short of some boutique stuff I've found to date. Good luck...
    He's hot! He's hip! and he's hairy!

Forum Member
    I haven't heard the Ibanez chorus/flanger but I have the Ibanez super chorus soundtank and I LOVE it. The d-time knob really gives a spacey, sparkling sound. The Boss is pretty good but I always liked the Ibanez more.

Forum Member
    I use either a Boss DC-2 Dimension, a DC-3 Digital Dimension, or an old DOD 690.

DANIELZ

HI THERE MY FAVORITE CHORUS PEDAL IS THIS OLD ARION STEREO BLUE/ BLACK FACED PEDAL IT IS GREAT FOR LEADS I LOVE IT IT WAS CHEAP NEW BUT TO ME IT SOUNDS HUGE AND ITS GREAT FOR PINK FLOYD STUFF MINE IS A STEREO OUTPUT IT HAS 2 OUTPUT JACKS WITH A SELECTOR SWITCH ON IT INCASE I WANT TO PLUG THE OUTPUTS INTO A AMP OR PREAMP OR WHEREEVER IN STEREO BUT I LOVE MY ARION PEDAL I DONT KNO IF THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS I GOT 2 OF THESE PEDALS I Paid $10 for my last one its a backup one at sam ash in a used pedal area
    i love it for ten bucks where could i go wrong ?
    i been using my same old arion stereo chorus pedal the black / blue front one for almost 20 yrs no failure i love it
    good luck
    lou
    guitarnoise2002@hotmail.com
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Last edited by badmuddy; 08-27-2003 at 07:21 AM.
    "no, no, your all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-zon that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre

Forum Member

Re: .........chorusss..........

Fulltone Choralflange. :ahem

I love my old Boss CE-2.
    Knowledge is the small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify. -- Ambrose Bierce

Forum Member

ditto.

CT.

I just sold a DLS Chorus/Vib on ebay. It was a TREMENDOUS pedal. Beautiful stuff.

I sold it because I just didn't use it enough to justify the money tied up in it. I'd purchased the thing only to discover that chorus really wasn't my thing after all.