Thread: #2 Input

Forum Member

#2 Input

Recently I've found that I like the #2 input on my DR. It tends to sound a bit rounder and the high end is more controlable.

I read somewhere that SRV liked that input. Been trying it out with great results..anyone else like the #2 input??

Re: #2 Input

What guitars are you using? May be harder to get clean with lower output single coil guitars on #2? Wasn't channel #2 designed to handle higher output humbucker guitars?

Or are you doing this in order to turn the gain up a bit for overdrive and yet keep the volume down to a reasonable roar?

I like to go straight into my normal channel #1 on my Bandmaster with my guitars. I feel I have the most to work with at that point and can dial in what I want with tone controls. But I'm using the Blackface Fender because of the cleans and sparkle. I rely mostly on speaker breakup/compression for overdrive.

Do you use a lot of footpedals? Then I could see some advantage to using #2 to handle the boosted signals better. :)

Re: #2 Input

Input #2 is less sensitive than #1 (64 kO IIRR instead of 1 MegO), so you don't overdrive the first gain stage as much, also you lose a little bit of top end.
    I like to use it sometimes when the voltage seems to be higher than usual.