Thread: Just some tele noodling(inside)

Just some tele noodling(inside)

Its a real shitty recording, with shitty timing but hey if you want to hear it by all means tell me what you think. Its my coppercaster on the bridge pup.
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

Forum Member
    What ARE you talking about?

Forum Member
    I'm seriously asking.

MMmmm riiiight!!!

How bout ya throwing a link for us? ;)
    Take Care
    T

Forum Member
    I can hardly wait for a shitty recording of a guy with shitty timing!

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    I want to hear it. Post a linc:)

sorry fellas somethings wrong with my pc I will try it again as soon as I can.
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

this is my coppercaster tele with the 4-way switch, its not the one I had hoped to put up but here it is anyway. Let me know what you think.
    later
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

TFF Stage Crew
    What's the rest of the rig?

Also, which position were you using? Is that the oft-discussed "4th" (bonus) position from the four-way?

It really had a spooky, Peter Green kind of sound (thus making me wonder if it was the 4th position, which is said to be more humbucker like). I dug it.

Yup jack its the elusive 4-way switch. My rig is peavey classic 50 4x10's into tube screamer--->coppercaster---->sm-57--->Boss Br-1180.

I think it does almost sound like a humbucker. I have a clip of my fat tele (avatar) on the humbucker as well if you'd like to hear?
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

Forum Member
    DAMN, Jack! Your radar is pretty frickin' impressive. I like to think I have good ears but man...that was quite a call. Congratulations, sir.

TFF Stage Crew
    bluesgtr20--thanks for the second MP3, it was a nice comparison because you can really hear that subtle difference from the 4-way switch.

I've never used that mod on my Teles, but I've often wondered about it, and your MP3 was just the example I needed to hear. I really liked it and will likely do it to any future Tele's that come my way.

I'm not sure I'd do it on my Tele w/Kinman's, because I'm not sure how noiseless pups would fare with this mod. Chris, if you happen to read this, perhaps you could weigh in.

kottkewannabe--thanks. I just know the standard three Tele positions/tones (usually regardless of the brand of pups) so intimately that I figured that it must be the 4-way, or that bluesgtr20 had snuck in a Les Paul with an out-of-phase middle position (:tw59 )

Anyway, that mod seems highly worthwhile, provided it doesn't change the tone of the original three positions...

Yeah Jack this mod in no way affects the traditional 3 positions, and its so easy to do. I happen to agree with you I might not do it on a kinman loaded tele but maybe it would be great who knows. What tele do you have BTW? And how do the kinmans sound? I have been thinking about Kinmans for a while.

TFF Stage Crew
    It's a 2001 American Series in natural ash w/maple neck, with a set of Kinman AVN-60s. It's the one in my avatar. {EDIT--not anymore, that Tele bit the dust. My current Tele is a '00 American Series/American Standard hybrid with VNs and graphtech saddles}

I love the Kinman pups--I find them to be extremely similar to the stock AmSe pups (except noiseless ) but leaning more towards the 1960's kind of Tele sound.

Check out the thread "Dimarzio Virtual T Review" in this same forum to see my posts that go on in a bit more detail and offer some short samples of that Tele in context.

The Kinmans were the best I'd tried out of many, and I'd recommend 'em to anyone, especially a Tele enthusiast with blues chops such as yourself.
    Last edited by Jack w/his radar; 02-05-2003 at 07:35 PM.

Wow I really enjoyed your guitar samples as well. When are u guys doing a cd? I'd love to buy one

Forum Member
    So you're saying the AVn-60s have more of a 60's sound?

TFF Stage Crew
    60's sound? Well, yeah. I mean, I guess they were supposed to, given their name. .:tw59

At that time I was with a band that did about 70% classic rock, and the rest R&B, Soul, Funk, etc.

I wanted a Tele that was able to do tones that ran the gamut from Keef to Andy Summers to Joe Walsh to Steve Cropper, and maybe not so much Brad Paisely or Roy Buchanan (not that I object to either of them, of course, I just wanted this Tele to match this particular band).

I felt like the AVN-60's lived up to their name and did just that.

bg20--I'm hoping the new band can get into the studio by summer of '03. I'll keep everyone posted.

Forum Member
    Hey Jack, Where in Ohio do you live?

Do all the good tele players on this board come from Ohio? lol
    I live in NYC and can't find anyone ain't that some shit.

TFF Stage Crew
    Butch--

I'm in Powell, which is a northern 'burb of Columbus--about 16 miles north. I work downtown and my band plays clubs scattered throughout the Columbus/Central OH area. I'd guess I'm about an hour or less north of you, if Lebanon is where I think it is (b/w Columbus & Cinci off I71?).

bg20--Yeah, too many pointy guitars in NYC for my tastes.

Actually, one of my biggest guitar heros in the jazz area, Mike Stern, wails away on hardcore-John Coltrane-inspired-bebop lines 3 or 4 nights a week in NYC on his custom designed Telecaster (Aronson body w/Broadcaster neck).

But yeah, we have an appreciation in Ohio for the simpler (yet finer) things...

"Yeah, too many pointy guitars in NYC for my tastes"

Absolutely... not that I didn't like the 80's but people can't let them go:rolleyes:

Where does mike stern play at I enjoy him as well

TFF Stage Crew
    I think Mike's going to be touring Europe until March, but he and his wife (Leni Stern) live in NYC, and when he's in town I know he tries to get at least one night a week in at the 55 Bar. In fact, he has an instructional video that was recorded there.

He also has a brand new live CD out of all Miles Davis stuff (which I haven't got yet--on the Xmas list!!) that was all recorded live at a club, or clubs, in NYC.

He's a monster.

Yeah, I had a pointy guitar once too, for like a year in the late 80's when I started to think my Strat wasn't cool anymore.

Thank God we all grow up.