Thread: 1981 Fender Squire, single cut?

1981 Fender Squire, single cut?

1981 Fender Squire, white, single cutaway, 2 single coils & 1 Humbucker, Japan made at Gakki factory, very good cond, $100.

Anyone ever hear see one of these? I just might go shopping today if this thing proves to be legit.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: 1981 Fender Squire, single cut?

For a hundred I'd definitely pick it up. Sounds like the small Tele body instead of the small strat style. Played one a long time ago and while it's not the same as a regular Fender sound it's still pretty usable.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

Sounds like my first guitar, except mine was black. Bought it for $100 bucks at Guitar Center. Fender Squire Bullet. Small Tele shaped body. Star on the headstock with a silver #1. Trem, five way switch. Hell, if you buy it and don't like...

Here is a white one that got away from me:
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Hmmmmmmmm. Not intrigued enough to go out and buy it. I'm always on the lookout for stuff I can buy "right" and then flip for a little profit. It helps keep my Swiss Account in the black.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I think you can pickone of these up for under a hundred even on Flea-Bay. I was on vacation when the last one came up. It went for $98 bucks.

The neck was quite thin and the bridge was crappy. I just want it for nostalgic reasons. That and whoever bought mine got my hidden pot stash in the control cavitiy... :smokin
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Forum Member

MIght be worth it just for the neck.