Thread: Is my Boss DD6 broken or was it my amp?

Forum Member

Is my Boss DD6 broken or was it my amp?

So i have this Boss delay pedal (DD6) and I was convinced that it was broken until recently. You see, I used to have a Fender Cyber Twin that I have just traded in for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I had serious problems with the Cyber Twin--it kept acting up and would on occasion lose volume and then correct itself (especially when i twice brought it in to be fixed). Whenever I would connect the DD6 to the Cyber Twin it would work for about ten minutes and then cause (or at least I thought it would) a major decrease in volume--now keep in mind this is aside from the volume problems I was having with the Cyber Twin because when I removed the DD6 the volume issues would be gone--so therefore I thought there was a problem with the pedal. Since I have used the DD6 with the Hot Rod Deluxe I have had no problems whatsoever but am hesitant to use it on stage because of my previous experiences. I guess my question is as follows: Could my problems with the pedal stem from the defective Cyber Twin even though while trouble-shooting it seemed the pedal was the culprit? And also, if you are thinking about buying the Cyber Twin, don't. It is far from the tube amp you will eventually realize you need. If this doesn't make sense, let me know. I need to get to the bottom of this before I waste any more of my tech's time.

Forum Member

Re: Is my Boss DD6 broken or was it my amp?

Are you using a battery with the delay? I was having problems with my Boss Overdrive pedal for a bit. It would fade in and out at will. Turns out that the battery connector was pretty worn out and was creating a "short". I replaced it and havent had a problem since.