Thread: Time Machine Boost - Excellent FX MultiTool For Tube Amps

Forum Member

Time Machine Boost - Excellent FX MultiTool For Tube Amps

Time Machine Boost Check out the link; very informative with pix and illustrations.

Well David Szabados and crew have filled a much needed void with the TMB. This is a great guitar-amp-pedal tone enhancing tool for guys w/ good tube amps who want to get the broadest variety from their rig. And it's also a first rate boost for solos featuring 3 separate boosts (1966, 1973 and Modern) in 2 separate chs, each w/ it's own volume control.

I tried mine through my '69 Marshall Plexi 50w & '68 412 w/ a Strat and ES335 as well as 2 different '63 AC30s. I was very impressed by the fact that this thing does NOT force a one-tone-for-all on your rig but reacts differently with each change between guitars or amps. For instance, the first boost ch. is a "vintage" boost w/ 2 different boost types: 1966 & 1973 (fatter-thicker). This ch has a vol. and an intensity knob and it does very different work when the volume is all the way up and Intensity down as opposed to visa versa. So the Vol. doesn't just raise the level of the intensity it changes how the FX interreacts w/ the guitar/amp.

The TMB is a first rate placator pedal and acts like it was made for the guitar your using it with.

Also there is a big difference between putting it in front of your OD peddle or after it - I have mine after my HotCake so it's boost the OD down the line rather than driving it.

This is really a Boost Multi-Tool. Unlike a drive device where you simply learn where you like your drive settings, this is a pretty sophisticated multiple boost w/ several points at which your signal can be dramatically affected.

The overall general tone of this device is varies greatly from classic mid 60s hollow treble boost to complex early 70s thick mid boost to modern heavy harmonic content boost, and lots of variables in between. This isn't a pedal you'll just set the same way for every guitar. To use this pedal properly you really have to learn what it can do and then apply it to your various set ups. There was a big gap that the TMB just stepped into nicely.

Forum Member
    Thanks nickcha, for pointing that one out!
    Good review.