Thread: Xotic Effects - AC-Booster

Forum Member

Xotic Effects - AC-Booster

I'm thinking about trying one of these AC-Booster pedals. Anyone here ever try one? Own one? Like it or dislike it?

pro sound communications

xotic effects usa - AC-booster

Allen Hinds demos #1:Strat; #2:Les Paul; #3:Les Paul

Forum Member

Re: Xotic Effects - AC-Booster

Well, I did it. I bit the bullet and ordered one of these things. It's not here yet. I'll report when I get it and let you all know whether or not I think it's worth the money. I'm already using a Seymour Duncun pick up booster. So the clean boost department should be covered with that. The OD boost that the AC pedal is supposed to deliver is supposedly top notch.

Forum Member

Cool,I am interested in both the AC and RC booster. I just pulled the trigger on a Fulltone distortion pro before I saw the ac booster.Interested in your thoughts on it.

Analogman carries those here in Connecticut. I'm going there on Friday to test drive a bunch of exotic OD pedals. This going to be fun.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Forum Member

I finally received the Xotic AC Booster I bought from Ebay for $135 + shipping. I like it. It is pretty much what I was hoping it would be. It is like a real clean OD that sounds a little compressed. It's a good sound that I like, not that raspy mid-scooped metal sound so many players seem to rave about. The more mids the better as far as I'm concerned. Guitar is all about those mid range frequencies. I never understood why anyone would want to scoop them out. Sounds tinny without them. This pedal reminds me of the Prosonic amp I used to own, the OD channel on that amp was killer. This is very similar.

Go to the Allen Hinds demos, (#1 for Strat; #2 for Les Paul; and #3 is also a Les Paul). These demos are very Hi-Fi to the way this pedal sounds.