Thread: Still make the Copper 52?

Forum Member

Still make the Copper 52?

Hey, does Fender still make the Copper-colored 52 RI? I love the Butterscotch, but the Copper has its own vibe, which I dig.

I'm begining my search for one, and almost prefer Copper.

That's a good question. I don't see that color option on the Fender website. I hope they still offer it. I agree with you, it's a very cool color.

Forum Member
    as far as I know...nope, they don`t offer it anymore. Nor the black. Just so happens I own one of each. Oddly enough I bought them both in Japan. They are the 0202 models with the thinner necks. A few months ago I tried to sell the copper one but had no takers so I decided to hang on to it. I will be bringing it to Canada with me this Christmas, disassembled in my suitcase.
    The black one is very cool too. I had a black pick guard on it for a while and it looks great with the black dots on the neck. My wife prefers the white pickguard because of the contrast. I put a set of compensated saddles on the black one and the dang thing won`t go out of tune. Great players. I have a butterscotch too but it ain`t a Fender, it`s a MIJ Bacchus with the biggest neck of any of my guitars.
    Hope you find what you`re lookin for.

Nope they don't offer it anymore but I do love mine she's my #1 and i bought her for $500 what a steal, definitely keep looking, they are around.
    Formerly Bluesgtr20