Thread: what does evryone think of burns guitars?

Forum Member

what does evryone think of burns guitars?

bought a burns marquee last year instead of a us strat and never regreted it.

the early 90s ones are a bit poor tho, and unless there green black sunburst, they look horrid

Forum Member
    I had a '65 Baldwin re-labled Split Sound Jazz that was an amazing instrument overall. Unfortunately the only setting with a straight pickup was with the bridge pickup. The others had various caps, etc on 'em to change their basic sound and they were mostly pretty stupid sounding. The "Wild Dog" sound was more insect than canine. I vibrato was great but probably the only one I've seen that was worse than stringing a Bigsby.

Next plane to London...

A Burns UK FLYTE is on my list of must have guitars. It makes the Gibson Flying V look like a Piper Cub. (and yes, a V is on my list too!)
    Don't be funken with my Tele ;~)

Forum Member
    I'm sure they play and sound fine, but I can't get over how ugly the bodies are. I don't like the scroll headstocks, either. The only only one I have seen that I thought looked cool was a shoreline gold anniversary Bison, but I still think the horns were a bit much. The new Brian May is cool, but a grand is a lot for an axe that doesn't come with a case (at least from MF).