Thread: 5.....4.....5

Forum Member

Forum Member

Re: 5.....4.....5

:hee

I've also got 4 tens and 2 twelves here somewhere! :)

Have you made any new cab decisions yet, Spose?

Forum Member

Man there are just so many great cab options for bass players right now. I almost get more cab gas than bass gas! Good luck with the quest.

The wood removal is probably not something I would undertake at this point. If you can, maybe take a few pics as you do that project so we can see all of what's involved. Good luck with that, too!

Spose, I have this set up, and if you would like to borrow it, I can put it in the mail tomorrow. It may help with getting a precise rout.....

LINK

TFF Stage Crew

My regular band had a show last Friday, but our bass player couldn't make it. I love our usual bass player, and I'm in both bands with him, but he is a 4-string (Warwick) guy through and through. He has a 5-string of some kind, but I don't even know what brand it is because he's only brought to one show. He just isn't into the low-B thing.

Our sub on Friday (who is a Conservatory alum like the rest of us) has a 6-string Kent Smith through some sort of Eden rig, and when he hit a low C for the first time of the night in our second set, it was like an orgasmic earthquake. Some times that low-B thing is very, very good. :) Although, I am starting to think you might need a high-dollar amp/cab rig to really make that low string (leg alone the high string) really worth it.

'Course, what do I know. Just a guitar player.

TFF Stage Crew

(Drooling thinking of low B going into 21-inch sub)

Forum Member

A low B through the right amp & cab is really something.

Spose, the Euphonic Audio (iAmp guys) stuff is of great quality. I'm so stoked with my iAmp 800!

Forum Member

You just need to plan a trip to Florida (after Hurricane season's over) and check out all these things in person at Bass Central!

They have Alembic and Modulus there too! :)

Forum Member

I've read excellent reviews of AccuGroove but never tried one. Man, that's an expensive cab!

TFF Stage Crew

If a bass player shows up at to play at a show of mine and doesn't need a hand-truck to get his/her gear into the club, I don't want no part... :hee

TFF Stage Crew

Then I'd be forced to return to my two-amp stereo rig just to keep up, which of course I've been dying to do for two years now. Oh yeah, and I'd still bring like four RE-20s and mic your rig, then send it through the PA into my EV 18" subs. Hooooo yeah!!!

Hey, you know what, if there's not enough bass to make the people dancing near the stage uncontrollably crap their pants, what's the point? :hee If it worked for the Chinese army in crowd control, it can work for us too.

You know, the thing I liked about playing the bass was not having to deal with gear much! I had a SWR Workingman's 300 and a 4x10 GK cab. A MIM P-Bass Special and a Hofner headless copy...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Forum Member

I want the big boom without the handtruck. :)